Monday 16 May 2011

knox county, texas

I AM KENT TRAINOR AND I HAVE OWNED AND OPERATED TRAINOR ICE COMPANY SINCE 1978. I STARTED OUT IN THE GROCERY BUSINESS BUT WHEN TIMES IN THIS SMALL TOWN GOT TOO TUFF, I HAD TO CLOSE THE STORE, WHICH LED TO THE BIRTH OF THIS ICE COMPANY.

MY WIFE IS SHELBY. SHE HANDLES DISPATCHING AND THE BOOKKEEPING. WE FEEL LIKE GOD HAS TRULY FAVORED US WITH THIS BUSINESS AND WE WANT TO HONOR HIM BY DOING THE BEST JOB WE CAN WITH WHAT HE HAS ENTRUSTED TO US.

WE ALSO PROCESS WILD GAME.

AND SHELBY  MINISTERS TO KIDS.

right now I'm listening
to JEREMIAH WAS A BULLFROG
by Hoyt Axton.

2 comments:

  1. I mention Kent's grocery store in Bullshit Rodeo. I rode my tricycle to his grocery store when I was four or five years old. I wanted to buy a bag of cherry sours but only had enough money for a Chick-O-Stick. Goree, Texas. Lots of Goree in Bullshit Rodeo, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I saw Kent's store's site linked from one of your pages. I really liked the simple, uncluttered language. So you can see I just moved some things around to make this little piece.

    There's an unpretentious, quite joyful way of writing simple things that I see sometimes among Americans that isn't really present here in the UK. It tickled my fancy.

    I'm looking forward to the book. What with printing and mailing, I guess I'm in for another few days' wait.

    ReplyDelete