Sunday 24 April 2011

forty-one years old

where I grew up we
gave all the pubs, like, our own versions of
their names, so
the bell and crown was the bell-end and
the cherry tree was
the chezza and
the jolly sailor was, well
that was just the jolly;

I was about seventeen when I started doing that and
since then I've moved away, moved
back and moved away and
moved back and the last time I moved away was years ago now but
just last year we were thinking of moving back down there 'cos it's cheaper and
well, you never know, but no one
I went to school with lives there now, well
almost no one, nobody I like anyway,
well
there is one friend, but I didn't go to school with him, look
it doesn't matter, all
I'm saying is that I'm forty-one years old now and
I still use those names for those pubs, and probably
I always will

No comments:

Post a Comment