Tuesday 26 April 2011

the fluffy blanket

we got this blanket as a wedding present, really
you'd mainly use it as a coverlet for your bed, I suppose but
I lie under it on the sofa when I can't sleep; my son (5)
has it on his bed as a kind of weird treat on winter nights and
always throws it off 'cos he gets too hot and
it's always called THE FLUFFY BLANKET or
just THE FLUFFY and
it just won't die and

when we were childless and when she
asked me to do something I'd say
leave it to beaver though I'd
never seen that show and
"beaver" became this heroic character I'd
play to her amusement/bemusement:

a CARTOON beaver, small so I'd have to
crouch, wrapped almost entirely in
THE FLUFFY BLANKET with only
my head showing and
my upper teeth protruding and
guffawing and
it worked best when I
was naked under
THE FLUFFY BLANKET

No comments:

Post a Comment